Avarah Careers is seeking a social media/content creator intern to join our team! The intern will collaborate with the founder/CEO as well as the administrative manager in the ideation, development and execution of social media content.
As a career coaching business, we want to emphasize that the requirements below represent our ideal candidate. So, if you meet some, but not all, of these qualifications, don’t rule yourself out. Let us do that – just kidding! Seriously, if this job excites you and you believe you can do it and get up to speed quickly with our support, APPLY!!
This job is for you if you know how to:
- Create graphics, work with audio/music, edit video, write, and post fresh content for social platforms
- Use Canva, Adobe Suite, and have a creative/artistic talent of your own
- Leverage Instagram (posts, reels and stories), LinkedIn (animated graphics and video, slideshow documents) and Facebook (animated graphics and video) to drive engagement and increase followers
- Adapt content to various platforms, and love learning about what’s new and evolving in the social media space.
- Candidates with an existing social media portfolio and proven results driving engagement and followers preferred.
The successful candidate will also:
- Work independently and reliably commit to executing the social media plan on time
- Demonstrate the confidence to make recommendations and take initiative
- Be responsive to feedback and learn from mistakes
- Show strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Your resume, including links to your portfolio/website if you have one (your portfolio may include your own social media presence and/or the social media you manage for other companies, professionals or organizations)
- A one-page assessment of either our LinkedIn profile page or our Instagram account. Please choose one platform and share a one-page overview of:
- What we do well
- What we could do better
- Specific recommendations for how we could meaningfully increase engagement and followers on our current platforms.