we're hiring!(scroll down for details!)
Ever Wonder How People
land great jobs?
We've got the details! Request your copy today!
You'll also receive free career advice,
networking tips and
MARKETING AND ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
Founded in 2014, Avarah Careers is devoted to helping people at all stages of their careers find a great fit at work. Our clients rely on our deep and broad understanding of the job market and the proven track record of our career exploration and job search approach.
WHO YOU ARE
You have exceptional administrative skills and marketing expertise and an interest in a meaningful part-time role supporting the day-to-day operations of our boutique career coaching firm. The ideal candidate will combine previous success working independently with a commitment to excellence. In other words, you hold yourself to high standards. You don’t just get it done – you get it done right, and get it done on schedule. You’re a creative problem-solver. You’re equally comfortable with people and technology. You lead with kindness and compassion in your interactions with others.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with CEO to execute email and social media marketing plans and strategies to drive business growth.
- Make sure brand messaging is consistent across various channels.
- Update client deliverables and promotional materials.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to continuously enhance marketing strategies and tactics.
- Manage all administrative functions, including CRM, client contracts, software plans (WooCommerce, Zapier) and more.
- Implement efficient, friendly and welcoming onboarding for new clients.
- Coordinate and prioritize administrative tasks, ensuring timely completion and adherence to deadlines.
- Responsibly manage expenses, ensuring cost-effective solutions and adherence to financial guidelines.
- Manage back-end technology including maintaining and updating website (WordPress) and other service platforms.
- Demonstrate initiative in recommending new processes and tools to ensure exceptional service and drive business growth.
- Execute special projects as assigned.
- Onboard additional independent contractors.
- Proven experience as an administrator in an environment committed to superior service and exceeding expectations.
- Strong knowledge of administrative processes, procedures, and best practices, with a willingness to make suggestions for improvement.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a proactive and solutions-oriented mindset.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Social media experience (beyond your own personal engagement), helping a business tell its story
- Proficiency in digital marketing, SEO (preferred), and SEM (preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in using business software, such as Abobe Sign, AWeber, Acuity, HubSpot, Outlook, Google Drive, WordPress, ISP (preferred).
TRANSPARENCY – THE STUFF YOU WANT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
Avarah Careers is a SMALL business, and we bend over backward to accommodate our clients. Honestly, that’s why people engage us over other services. We provide concierge-level support, which means that some weeks you’ll work 5 hours, and some weeks you’ll work 10. We don’t always know which week this will be, so communication is critical.
The right person will check emails in the evenings and on weekends (once a weekday evening and once or twice over the weekends). They will set aside specific hours for work. This is mostly a “get it done when it fits your schedule” job, and works best if you can let me know when those times are and when I can communicate with you about work.
I want you to be successful! I am accessible and highly responsive, but if you are waiting to hear from me or my feedback is holding you up, I want you to pester me!
I care tremendously about my clients and their well-being, and providing the highest level of service and commitment. I celebrate their successes every step of the way! Most importantly, I’m looking for someone who shares this attitude and approach!
I don’t believe in being coy around pay. Pay gaps for women and minorities are sustained by secrecy. I’m committed to combating that. So, this role pays $30/hour. I do not guarantee 5 hrs/week, but over the last several years, the person in this role averaged about 7 hrs/week. Unless agreed upon in advance (say, for a special project like launching a new product), there will not be more than 10 hours/week of work. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we hope you’ll apply!
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, include why you are interested in the job and tell me about your favorite vacation. Keep reading for a little more about me and Avarah Careers and be sure to connect with me or follow me on LinkedIn.
This position is fully remote.
You are so much more than the qualifications needed to do the job.
My philosophy is that we each have a “portfolio” of knowledge, skills, talents, and traits that evolve from our life experiences and enhance the degrees and certifications we have. Together these make up our career portfolio. Like a stock portfolio, we should invest our career portfolio with care.
One thing I know for sure:
Whether it’s a first job, a career change, or a new employer these changes can be daunting and it helps to have guide.
Why work with a career coach?
Career coaching allows you to hit the pause button and take stock of where you are in your career. Working with this career coach means you move from “Will they hire me?” to “Do I want to work there?”
If you want to be somewhere else, we can get you there, and you will know it’s the right somewhere else.
What I love best…
I love sharing a client’s excitement when a new, perfect position is landed.
I love helping people, just like you, avoid the sometimes too long and often difficult journey back into the workforce after a layoff, or time spent at home raising children or caring for a family member.
I love seeing a young person with plenty of talent and a good education get the skills they need to ace the interviews so they can have a shot at a career they’ll enjoy.
Maybe most of all, I love seeing someone’s confidence return once we begin working together and they rediscover the value their skills and abilities will mean to the right company.
I’ve been on all sides of the hiring equation…
My 20+ years of experience on both sides of the recruiting process – as a career counselor and as a recruiter – means you get insider info where it counts. I know what goes on in the minds of the one hiring and what it takes to get in front of them. This includes sharing nuances about preparing for interviews and navigating the ever-changing online application process—and how to identify and land jobs that are rarely advertised.
The thing no one talks about…
It’s my contention that your mindset is just as important as your skill set. I’ve spent more than 20 years pursuing mastery in personal development and know the importance of managing our minds and beliefs as we navigate change. Facilitated self-exploration is a part of my process and our work in this area will serve you for a lifetime not just during your job search.
As Featured On
The Rest About Me…
My Master’s Degree is in Adult Development and Education means I’m one of the few people who can actually say I use what I learned in grad school every day!
As an undergraduate? Well, my major – Soviet Foreign Policy – doesn’t even exist in the world anymore. I thought I’d go into the Foreign Service, but the world changed. I remind my classes at the University of Delaware of this all the time – it really doesn’t matter what you major in, it matters what you do with it! My major trained me to write and communicate diplomatically. It’s helped me in so many ways.
Early in my career I had several roles in Student Services and Career Counseling at the University of Maryland and Widener University, placing nearly 1,000 students in part-time and permanent positions. Most of these students were adults, including veterans, stay-at-home moms, and displaced workers, who chose to return to school to advance their careers. Helping these students pursue their dreams was some of the most satisfying work I have ever done.
CLIENTS Who Found Their career fit
I was stuck in a job that drained me and Sarah helped me to move into work I love…
In working with Sarah, expect homework. Hard homework. But in the process, Sarah helped me learn my strengths and align them with the things I love doing. She taught me to network effectively and coached me to nail the interviews. The process enabled me to find meaningful work that is engaging and energizing. Words cannot express how grateful I am to have found Sarah. I was stuck in a job that drained me and Sarah helped me to move into work I love.
-Cheryl C., Associate Director, Vaccine Clinical R&D